Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Charles Fresquez



















Charles Fresquez is showing in the Project Room at the Levy Gallery in Albuquerque. The paintings are cast acrylic and enamel. His color is accessible due to the white between the colors. The eye can recover and see the next color clearly. Space is an important discovery that is made through the process of working and looking. To use a parallel to music, they say that the space between the notes is where the music happens. Angela Berkson suggested to me that Charles and I may have similar interests. Discovering Charles Fresquez's work sparks a familiar dialogue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey William, thanks so much for including me in your art review. I liked your comments on the works. It is always refreshing and helpful to hear how people respond to my work. It is also interesting that your work deals somewhat with the same things that I'm dealing with. It would be cool to hear what sort of things inspire you to work in this fashion. I also wanted you to know that I have another show up right now at a space called "Exhibit 208" in Albuquerque. The show consists of drawings, photos, some paintings different from those you've seen and also some like you reviewed. The gallery is tended by the artist having the show at the time (that would be me in this case)on Saturdays 10am-4pm. I'll be there the next two saturday 7/22 and 7/29. It would be great if you could drop by. Thanks.