Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Tasha Ostrander





Tasha Ostrander's show,“Deer Self I Hurt the Urth” is the currently on view at the Linda Durham Gallery. The large scale digital prints of plants and animals explores a psychological portrait of the self. This show is a little confusing but that may be the artist's intent. The strongest image in the show is of a deer's head mounted on a green and white wall. The image is seperated into four quarters. The scale of the piece really demands attention. I think that the deer represents the artist's self disconnected with nature. The digital media of plant forms seem to reflect an abstracted understanding of nature. The Linda Durham Gallery is always presenting shows that challenge the viewer. I may not always understand but I will keep going back to satisfy my curiosity.

No comments: