Sunday, May 07, 2006

Photos from the Doll Rods/ Alex White Show







This was a lot of fun. A couple of our favorite bands playing together. My camera broke, its getting fixed so I asked a fellow with a camera if he could send me some pics from the show. Tim Meeks shot these sweet rock poster style photos. You can see some more of his work if you click at the top.
Miss Alex White and the Red Orchestra I have seen and played shows with a bunch of times and they are a great band. Their grooves are good for dancing. Same thing with the Doll Rods, with Tia on drums and fresh from their european tour they are super energetic and solid. There is always something to be said for the visual musicians. They are often more intune with or interested in performance. Like Mick Jagger has said that "the only performance that really makes it all the way is the one that achieves madness!...Right?" Both of these rock acts performed naturally magically and doing so helped me to lose myself for a while and dance to their grooves.

No comments: