Tuesday, May 09, 2006

X! Records








X! records is a Detroit record label run by Scott Dunkerley. Scott is also the drummer for the Frusterations. X! records is putting out 45s' of some of the best up and coming talent in the Detroit/ Ann Arbor area. You can meet Scott at any show running the merch for the bands on his label. There is a listing of shows on the X! records myspace.
Tyvek has one of those clever names that you see everywhere there is construction therefore you are constantly reminded of the band. This band is lyrically goofy but sonically speaking just right.
The Frustrations are an explosive band from Detroit. On the 45the song"Nerves are Fried" has some cool running descending and asending lines between the bass and guitar. This is another great band that you will hear about if you haven't already.
The Terrible Twos 45 is a fast paced musical journey through late 70's punk into the future. This Ann Arbor based band is a look into the future of what's happening to music. I predict difficult music will become the standard of the future. The Terrible Twos are challenging but still accessible. I have seen them many times and they have never let me down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By difficult, you mean prog rock, right? Because every other type of music from the late 70's & early 80's has come back, why not prog? Are we too lazy? I think we're too lazy. 'Scuse me whilst I polish my chops.

PS. I grew up in a house with the television always on